Littleton Church of England Nursery & Infant School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
This means we have a Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and procedures in place. All staff (including supply staff, regular volunteers and Governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the young person’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are:
- Mrs Rachel Barton (Headteacher) – Lead DSL
- Miss Sophie Thomas (Assistant Headteacher) – Deputy DSL
- Miss Blair Poland (Assistant SENCO and Interim Assistant Headteacher from 01.09.20) – Deputy DSL
If you are concerned about a young person’s welfare:
- Record your concern, and any observations or conversation heard
- Report your concern to a DSL as soon as possible the same day
- Do NOT conduct your own investigation
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is a danger to children), you should report this to a DSL or the Chair of Governors if the concern relates to the headteacher.